|Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org|
M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D. (Pursuing)
Bolpur, Birbhum, WB- 731204
(i). Served as a guest faculty of NET/SET Preparatory Programme at the Department of English and Culture Studies, The University of Burdwan for a session (ii). Serving as Assistant Professor of English at GGDC, Kalna-I since October 2019.
South Asian Diaspora, Postcolonial Literature, Partition Studies
AREA OF RESEARCH
Indentured Diaspora, Diaspora of Passenger Immigrants
AREA OF INTEREST
- “Interpreting the Manifold Intricacies of Time and Memory in Julian Barnes' The Sense of an Ending.” Erothanatos 3.1 (Jan 2019): 1-16. Web. E-ISSN: 2457-0265
- “Reading the Multiple Identities and the Varied Dynamics of Antitheses in Upamanyu Chatterjee’s English, August.” New Academia 8.1 (Jan 2019): 193-198. Web. E-ISSN: 2347-2073
- “Exploring the Plight of Animals during Partition: A Study of Sadat Hasan Manto’s The Dog of Tithwal.” Muse India Issue 83 (Mar-April, 2019): Web. E-ISSN: 0975-1815
SEMINAR & SYMPOSIA
- Presented a paper, “The Rhetoric of Censorship: Across Borders, Beyond Time” in an international seminar on Challenges to the Post-Colonial Democracies: India and her Neighbours in South Asia sponsored by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies at Galsi Mahavidyalaya on 14-15 Feb 2019.
- Presented a paper, “Interrogating the Interface between Reality and Fiction: A Study of Indentured Diaspora” in a National-level Seminar on Genre Studies: The Idea of the Novel organized by The Department of English & Culture Studies, The University of Burdwan on 6-7 Mar 2019.
- Presented a paper, “Of Journeys and Amnesias: A Study of Indentured Servitude and its Varied Consequences in Fiji” in an International seminar on Kala Pani Crossings: India in Conversation organized by Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla on 23-25 Sept, 2019.
Pursuing doctoral research on the South Asian Diaspora of Passenger Immigrants from the Department of English & Culture Studies, The University of Burdwan.
REFRESHERS & ORIENTATION COURSES
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Qualified UGC NET January 2017, November 2017, WBSET December 2017 and UGC Junior Research Fellowship in July 2018
- Served as UGC Junior Research Fellow in the Department of English & Culture Studies, The University of Burdwan from 2018 to 2019.
NO STUDY MATERIALS UPLOADED YET